8/5/09

Welcome to PARKING HELL!

I have never run into any parking issues since attending ASU, but today was the day to turn every terrible parking nightmare I have heard into reality. My usual comfy, shaded, EXPENSIVE parking structure at the Fulton Lot greeted me this morning with this simple, but equally disturbing sign "No more tickets!" (I added the exclamation point... the sign was, in fact, NOT yelling at me; it was quite polite to be honest).
In my dismay, I tried to think of all the other places I could possibly sit my car for five hours w/o getting a ticket. Burger King? Zia? The dreaded student lots in China (they're not located there really, but they might as well be)???
I prepped myself for a long hike to work as I relentlessly drove around ASU hoping for a miracle... and then it came. The Rural parking lot was not only still open, they had the first level completely free and it is $4 dollars cheaper than Fulton!
You can imagine my excitement when I parked my sweet, blue baby into a shaded parking spot where it can rest and graze for the five hours I must be away doing the 9 to 5 (except not). I must say, the Rural parking lot is surprisingly comfortable. It may be a trek, but at least it was reliable in my time of need.

The Louis Vuitton of parking structures...

Vs.
The China town knock off, but equally as good Rural parking structure...As you can see, don't judge a book by it's cover... or in my case, parking structures.

No comments: